Monday, March 18, 2013

On The Road With Triberr

With all apologies to Jack Kerouac I am merely doing a review of +Triberr's new mobile site. I thought this was the best place to do it, since this is my writing blog.

I have been using the site now for around two years, and I am overall pleased with the results, though I do admit from time to time screaming "If it ain't broke, don't tinker with it!", but by no means would that ever be limited to Triberr. 

Now occasionally I want to get away from the computer, but up to now, that has been where Triberr fell short. Now a more cynical man than I would surmise that +Dino Dogan bought a new iPhone 5 and figured out that trying to approve posts on it was like trying to slog through quick drying cement.

I said Was. While enjoying a coffee at my local +Dunkin' Donuts (sorry +Starbucks Coffee , but you're too far away right now), enjoying the WiFi, I decided to go on Triberr so things wouldn't be backed up today.

The new login had me hooked, and then, it took you to a site that was perfectly made for mobile, so there was no trying to read posts. Before the iPhone was trying to zoom in order to read. Now everything is perfectly sized. Then there is the approval process. Hover, touch, done. Even manual approval for Google Plus was quick. On my Emerald Rating system on my other blog I would give it 25 Emeralds (I know, I only go up to 5, but this is good).

I did have one bad experience, but Triberr had nothing to do with it. That Dunkin didn't have the heat turned up and my fingers got numb from the cold. Now if I only had a pair of those touch gloves.

Now, if +Blogger would incorporate speech to text in their app, I may consider blogging from the road more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment